Hair Perfume, Worth the Hype or a Frivolous Spend?


An ongoing quest of mine is to have fabulous, healthy, shiny, bouncy mermaid hair (not asking for much am I). As a result I am privy to a new hair product or two or maybe three.. Anyway now and again a new product idea comes along and it can either mean a hair revolution such as the birth of GHD's or a flop.

So when a new idea comes along that promises to aid me on my quest for Rapunzel like locks I am very keen to try. Step up a new one Hair Perfume.

Hair perfume promises to add shine and a fresh scent that lasts all day. So my immediate fantasy is that as I am walking down the street my locks blow an amazing scent behind making people envious and intrigued. I guess I do want for too much because I certainly did not get that!

I decided to try a beginner range drug-store beauty version- Toni & Guy Hair Perfume priced at £4.99. Initial thoughts were pleasing to the eye though the scent wasn't a very perfumey scent it was a nice typical hair product smell.
After a few uses it's fair to say my fantasy of alluringly scented hair has not come true so if you are expecting big things from a simple idea I think you'd be let down. What it is good for, however, is getting another day out of your blow dry.
Coupled with good ole dry shampoo this product does give hair a second life ahead of a hair wash night.

My rating for this particular is 3/5.

There are others that range in price and so may even range in affect-


Percy & Reed Eau My Goodness Shine and Fragrance Spray- £22 for 100ml of Look Fantastic



Chanel No 5 Hair Mist £38 for 40ml House Of Fraser



Show Beauty  Decadence Hair Fragrance £55 for 30ml Look Fantastic

I maybe tempted to try a more high end product or I may hold off till the next new product is released, alas the quest for Rapunzel/mermaid/princess locks continues..

1 comment

  1. I'm intrigued by hair perfume! I just tend to spritz a little regular perfume on my hair sometimes but one especially made for hair might be a better option
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Femme Fatales & Fairytales...

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig