Birchbox Six Months On


So a few months ago I decided to treat myself to a beauty subscription. I was torn between Birchbox and Glossybox, I know there are a fair few more on the market now but I wanted to stick with a well established brand and limit the potential of mis-deliveries, issues finding our address etc etc.

I don't think there are many differences between the two; both are monthly subscriptions, both average 5 products a box and both have a point reward system. For some reason Birchbox won my favour that day and I signed up.

Setting up an account was really easy and overall I think took 15 minutes at most and that's only because I have to read things twice! This included setting up the DD details and initial information for my profile, so easy peasy!

I then later went in and personalised my profile, so Birchbox can then send you items tailored to your personal preferences, beauty loves and skin/hair bug bears.

It felt like such a long time to receive my first box but I think I was just a little too eager and inpatient! When it arrived I had received a complimentary gift along with my box. I noticed later as a friend advised she wanted to sign up to that you seem to get something free or additional at any point when you sign up and who doesn't love a freebie!

I was impressed with the simple colourful packaging and every box I have received I have loved the individual design. I was hoarding them all but after recently moving my boyfriend forced me to chuck as I couldn't provide a valid reason for them all to be packed up and moved along with the crockery... All I could cry was there sooo pretty, sadly alas no dice.

Admittedly I haven't loved every box but some of the products I have loved are definitely enough to keep me sweet.

My Top Favs-


The Original Wet Brush Pro- Amazing I honestly wasn't expecting anything when I opened the box and saw 'a brush..wow' but oh my was I wrong. For some-one with thick frizzy hair this was an eye-opener, it glides through my hair like butter.  £11.99




Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara- Getting a big brand item is always exciting but when it's a must have type of product it's even better! A great mascara but I wouldn't say it's for a night out make-up look, great for everyday. £23.00














Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Primer- A primer just for lip, is this a bit too far? Well that was my first thought but I also do not like having to re-apply on a night out so I thought I'll give it a go. Perfect after one application my lippy stayed put all night, after a meal, a few tipples and dancing no re-application needed. Converted. £15.00









Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Oil- This smells so good I could bath in it! I was instantly won over and impressed a little goes along way! Great oil that can be used on skin and hair, I do love a multi-tasker! £17.00


So after 6 months of subscribing I am more than happy to continue and see what's next. I may decide to dip my toe into the Glossybox pool but at the moment the two seem so similar, I doubt I'd feel a difference!


No comments

Post a Comment

© Femme Fatales & Fairytales...

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig