Le Weekend


I sometimes feel the weekend, those two little days you get to be yours come and go in a flash and it's like you've almost been cheated? I mean 5 days of work for two back to have to yourself,  it does sound like a bit of a bum deal.

I have to admit I was pretty pleased with this weekend though; packed full of walks, food, wine, music and of course Harvey.
I made the most of the good weather on saturday and got out for a lengthy walk down the canal. I then batch cooked for my lunches this week, I made a spicy mixed pepper soup which is proving a good choice since the weather has taken a turn for the worse and we are back to winter!

I hate wasting food which will often lead to some adventurous escapades in the kitchen so saturday night I ended up with chorizo topped nachos and must admit was not disappointed perfectly stodgy and flavorsome.

Sunday morning was spent chilling with Harvey and the evening listening to Sam play at a local pub which has recently been refurbed and opened. The Old Kings Arms has been spruced up and is lovely, fresh and funky and such a nice atmosphere so well worth checking out.

It's really nice having a few photos to show from the weekend as it does help me feel a sense of achievement and that those two little days that are mine were not wasted!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Femme Fatales & Fairytales...

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig