2017 Fashion Resolutions


So after saying I wasn't setting myself any major life resolutions I decided to set some fashion and beauty ones as I really think they need enforcing!
First up are my Fashion/style ones;

Buy Less Wear More

I am so fed up of feeling like am not getting the most out of my wardrobe and purchases. There are items lingering in there that have not seen the light of day in so long it's such a waste. Also items that don't go with anything else other than one other item. I am going to really try and make more outfits out of what I do own especially before buying yet more.



Invest in Some Good Foundations 

I.e. Underwear more often than not I find myself scrambling through my underwear drawer for that one bra who I know will never let me down,  sure the others try to do their best but you do always have that one who performs the wondrous trick of being comfortable yet supportive. But this recently has turned into 3 out of 15 actually being continuously worn, definitely time for a clear out and an investment in some quality foundational support.


Quality Not Quantity 

Sort of a continuation of number 1, I am a sucker for a Primark splurge. Like a magpie attracted to anything shiny I too succumb to a pretty blouse for a cheap price tag, then you know what happens I wear it once realise the colour isn't as nice or the shape isn't really for me and it goes back to the wardrobe never to be worn again.  I think my biggest action to but in place for this is trying it on. I never want to waste time in changing rooms but then I also forget to try it on at home and then I ALWAYS miss the return date = a total waste of money!



Accessorize 

I never buy accessories but always find myself thinking a belt would really fit this outfit so I wont wear it till I get one, but then never do... Also I hardly wear jewelry am not a big one to wear it every day but do find myself wanting to bling it up for nights out but its too late and have nothing for the outfit. Lesson learnt I am putting together a capsule list of accessories such as belts, jewelry and going out bags so I never go without.

Have Regular Wardrobe Clear-Outs

As a counter measure for wastage and build-ups I am going to start having regular clear-outs and adopting a one in one out policy. If I do buy something new something old should go.


Finally..

Find Off-Duty Outfits That Are Comfortable and Stylish 

I don't know why but I feel like I always need to be comfortable or cool. I put so much effort into my 9-5 outfits that I have zilch motivation or inspiration for the weekend. I am stepping up the game though, Pintrest has helped give some ideas and I am working towards building an outfit around something I feel comfortable in.
Slouchy may not be sexy but a cute jumper and boots also isn't completely scruffy.

Thats's it for fashion but I am also thinking about putting some resolutions in place for my beauty and skincare routine...

No comments

Post a Comment

© Femme Fatales & Fairytales...

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig